Monday, December 13, 2010

Davao City Kerygma Conference 2010


Bo Sanchez


Chad Borja rendering a song


souvenir items and book display


picture taking and signing


me and the gang during lunch break


BSP convention hall before the Kerygma conference started


PICC music ministry


Mr. Obet Cabrillas


Mr. Pio Espanol


As I have mentioned in my earlier post, me and hubby attended the Kerygma Conference 2010 held at Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas Convention Center located at E. Quirino Street, Davao City. We arrived there just in time for the schedule which is 8:00 o'clock in the morning.

At the start, I was a little bored because it did not start right away. There were reminders flashed on the screen like putting off the cellphone while the conference is going on, not sleeping during the conference. The sponsors for the event were also flashed on the big two screens beside the stage.

It was almost 9:00 o'clock already that the conference started. At the start, there were singing of praise and dancing. I was very excited when I first saw Bo Sanchez in person. I have always been his fan and he really is a good speaker. Everyone listened when he speaks. He told about the famous story in the bible, The Prodigal Son. He talked about how Jesus loved us so much and that his love is all-embracing. He loves us regardless of who and what we are. Honestly, I can't get enough of Bo Sanchez. I want more of his talk but he has to give way to other speakers.

Then there was speaker Brother Pio who talked about family. He shared about his family and how he's able to raise an amazing children. Next speaker was brother Obet Cabrillas who talked about the secrets of being a happy catholic.



Chad Borja rendered a song " The Prayer" and made a sharing about his faith experience when he was diagnosed with throat cancer. He pointed out that we should not stress ourselves and that we should not "sweat the small stuff". Life is too short to allow ourselves to be stressed out by these petty things. He is now based in Davao City and owns the Seraph productions.

The conference was a huge success with an attendees of 2, 300 people. They said that once a conference is started in a particular place, it will go on every year. I'll definitely attend again next year if there is one.
Enhanced by Zemanta

1 comment:

  1. Great post, love it! haha Anyway, today I had a big luck and want to share it with everyone - I finally found a way to make cheap calls to my cousin Becky in Australia:

    www.briing.com/cheap-calls/australia.php

    If you're in the UK like me, you can call cheaply to Australia and all over the world! :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...