Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Durian Delight!

Durio kutejensis fruit, Muara Lawa, Kutai Bara...Image via Wikipedia

I'm a self confessed durian eater. I really craved durian. I don't eat durian before but when I have tasted a really sweet, creamy durian around 10 years ago, that's when I became a voracious durian eater. The name of its variety was Chanee which is becoming a rare variety now.

I'm very happy that nowadays, Durian in Davao City is in season again. You will know that its production is in peak because there are lots of display in the sidewalks of streets especially during 4:00 o'clock in the afternoon onwards.

Southeast Asian folk beliefs consider the durian fruit to have warming properties liable to cause excessive sweating. The traditional method to counteract this is to pour water into the empty shell of fruit after the pulp has been consumed and drink it. An alternative method is to eat the durian in accompaniment with mangosteen which is considered to have cooling properties. Durian is also believed to contain aphrodisiac properties. But pregnant women and people with high blood pressure are traditionally advised not to eat durian but my officemates who are durian addicts don't believe it.LOL
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...