Monday, July 20, 2009

Davao Museum

Thanks God it's weekend again! Time to spend again with my family and of course its also time to have a "date" with hubby, hehe. Since I was frustrated with our visit to Museo Dabawenyo because we were not allowed to take photos, I told hubby that we would visit Davao Museum which is located inside Insular Village Phase 1 in Lanang, Davao City. I have never been to this museum and I asked hubby if he had been there also since it's just a stone's throw away from where he grew up and he just laugh saying he'd been there when he was about 9 or 10 riding bycycle but the museum was closed at that time so he really did not get to see what's inside.

While me and hubby were walking towards the museum, I was having lots of questions in my mind. Will they allow us to take pictures of their collections or it will just be another frustration?Do they have many items inside just like the plenty artifacts inside Museo Dabawenyo, the museum we have visited before? How are their items displayed? How is the ventilation inside the museum?

Upon arriving at the museum, we were greeted with warm smiles by two very friendly ladies at the information desk and at the counter, I see a box with money in it so I queried if there is a fee. One lady answered that they charged Php100.00 admission fee for adults and Php20.00 for students. Oh! I don't have money! Hubby joked that we were students and the lady answered they would look for our IDs.(Our faces revealed that we were no longer students,LOL).Then hubby smiled at me, got his wallet and handed a Php200.00 pesos bill to the lady at the information desk. Then they ushered us to their display of pictures at the ground floor and told us that there are lot more items at the second floor!

All my questions were answered when we got inside the museum. We took a lot of pictures and the artifacts are nicely displayed inside a glass cabinets. Although we paid Php200.00, it was worthy because the museum is air-conditioned. We had a great time and had fun!


Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...